Day 7: Ocean 11
The most extensive ecosystem on our planet, the ocean covers more than 70% of our planet’s surface and is the powerhouse that contributes to regulating life on Earth.
More than three billion people rely on the ocean for their livelihoods, most of which are in developing countries.
From stabilizing the climate to supporting a diverse range of marine life with an estimated 700,000 to one million species, the ocean is a vital source our planet needs to sustain itself.
Unfortunately, the health of our ocean is in danger. Hence, we at ARDEA Foundation propose “Ocean 11”, Day-7 of our ecological movement, “11 Days For Earth’s Healing“.
Our program aims to raise awareness about the significance of the ocean, the biggest source of life for countless marine species.
Our oceans provide us with food and produce an estimated 50-80% of the oxygen on Earth, and we are responsible for protecting them.
What Is Destabilizing The Ocean?
The ocean is in crisis, and continuous human activities threaten its health and biodiversity.
- ➤ Unsustainable fishing practices affecting marine life.
- ➤ Human-generated waste, such as industrial, plastic, untreated sewage, and agricultural runoff, is making its way to the ocean.
- ➤ Unchecked human activities such as coral mining cause habitat loss for numerous marine species.
- ➤ Climate change negatively affects the ocean’s health as the ocean absorbs the increasing carbon dioxide, driving acidification.
Save Oceans, Save Life
As citizens of this planet, we must protect the ocean at all costs.
- ➤ Say NO to overfishing
- ➤ Protect endangered marine species instead of consuming
- ➤ Go plastic-free
- ➤ Reduce carbon footprint
- ➤ Avoid products that harm the ocean
- ➤ Volunteer for beach cleanup
- ➤ Conserve water
- ➤ Spread awareness
- ➤ Support organizations working for ocean conservation
Let’s come together to protect the health of our oceans that support a wide range of marine life.
Because every action counts, no matter how small.